There is no “secret” to finding scholarship money, and you don’t need to pay a consultant to find scholarships. The links below will direct you to other scholarship organizations and educational resources.
- The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program is accepting applications until 5:00 pm, EST on February 27, 2015. Students can earn up to $25,00 per year. Although GM employees are not eligible, relatives of General Motors employees are eligible. Click here www.buickachievers.com for details and application.
- The Detroit Scholarship Fund (DSF), administered by the Detroit Regional Chamber, ensures that any Detroit-resident student graduating in the spring of 2015 from a high school in the city of Detroit will have a tuition-free path to an associate degree or technical certificate* at any one of five participating community colleges. Click here www.detroitchamber.com/economic-development-2/education-talent/detroit-scholarship-fund for more information.
- The Detroit College Promise offers scholarships to Detroit Public School (DPS) students. Click here www.detroitcollegepromise.com for more information.
- The National Association of Black Suppliers Scholarship Fund (NABSF) provides scholarship assistance and educational opportunities to high achieving African-American youth. Scholarship applications must be posted marked by Saturday, March 7, 2015. Click here www.nabssf.org for more information.
- The Federal Student Aid site is an excellent source for resources and tools to help you navigate through the college scholarship and /or student loan process. Click on www.studentaid.ed.gov for more information.
- The National Black Nurses Association, Inc. provides annual scholarships. Click on www.nbna.org for more information.
- The Historical Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) site provides a list of several scholarships and resources. Please click on www.hbcuconnect.com for more information.
- The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute, Inc.(CHCI) offers scholarships and internships to Latino students. Click here www.chci.org for more information.
- The Hispanic Scholarship Fund offers various scholarships. Please click on www.hsf.net for more information.
- The SMART (Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation), Program was established by the Department of Defense to support undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines. For more information, please click onhttp://smart.asee.org .
- Teach.org is a good site to learn about becoming a teacher and some available scholarships. Click on www.teach.org for more information.
- The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) offers many scholarship opportunities for accounting students at varying points in their academic careers. Please click on www.aicpa.org for more information.
- The Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting awards scholarships to women who are pursuing accounting degrees at the undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate levels. For more information, please click on www.efwa.org
- The American Institute of Architects (AIA) offers several scholarship opportunities and resources for students and teachers interested in an architecture education. For more information, click on www.aia.org.
- Ford Motor Company offers various scholarships. Click on www.fordscholars.org for scholarship information and community initiatives.
- The U.S. Department of Education Federal Student Aid site is another excellent resource. Please click on www.fafsa.ed.gov for more information.
- KnowHow2Go is another great site for college information. Click on www.KnowHow2Go.com for more information.
- The College Board helps more than seven million students prepare for a successful transition to college through programs and services in college readiness and college success — including the SAT and the Advanced Placement Program. For more information, please click on linkwww.collegeboard.org .
Other Scholarships & Resources
A non-profit scholarship and mentoring organization
613 Abbott St., Detroit, MI 48226 (313) 967- 5562